Thursday, May 10, 2012

Lumps & Bumps

As I mentioned, I have some new lumps so I went to see my surgeon last week to see if she had any thoughts. She thinks the ones on my chest are actually stitches from the mastectomy/reconstruction and wants to continue to monitor. Like my oncologist, she didn't think the one on my arm was anything serious, but just to be safe she sent me for an ultrasound which showed a little nodule filled with fluid. The radiologist in turn didn't think it was anything too terribly nasty and basically gave me two options - wait it out and see if it goes away or do a fine needle aspiration and have it tested. I chose option B. I'm not keen to have any more procedures, but I really don't want to sit around worrying about it for weeks waiting to see if it goes away. Nine o'clock Monday morning they will draw the fluid out with a needle and apparently there is a pathologist on site who tests the sample that day to see if it is cancerous. Stay tuned and keep your fingers crossed.

In other news, I just ate a giant BLT with a side of fries and it actually tasted good. I think the metal is on the way out! Thank goodness because the broth and poptarts I've been eating for lunch this week were really depressing.

In other excellent news, check out this homemade card that a complete stranger who found my blog sent me just because.  Joan is an amazing papercrafter - my limited photography skills don't do it justice - but how thoughtful.


My other chemo angel Janelle is also incredibly crafty.  All my angel mail is like a piece of art; she even makes the envelopes.


It got me thinking that letter writing is such a lost art, well at least for me, which is a shame because it's so fun and I love stationary. I still get letters from my 90 year old Grandma in Nova Scotia and they are such a treat.  When's the last time you wrote anything more than a couple of lines (not on the computer)? Even my handwriting is sloppy from lack of use. I used to make cards when I young, but it's been forever. Ladies, you've inspired me, and I do have a lot of thank you cards to write when this is all over!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you are having that bump checked. I'm sure it is nothing. Don't forget as we age, all sorts of things start popping out :) You are doing an amazing job getting through treatment, so keep up the good work !! Sending hugs to you and your guys.

    Diane and Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck on Monday. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck today! Thinking of you. And you have inspired me to write some more "snail mail"!
    Kell

    ReplyDelete