Well, today is the dreaded day. Forty and fabulous? Not quite. Functional maybe. I just read a book title that made me laugh:
Forty and Fabulous - Moving Toward Fierce, Focused and Full of Life. I'm calling my memoir
Forty and Fair - Moving Away From Failing, Feeble, Fatigued and Funny-looking! Coming soon to a Kindle near you.
 |
| Shrimp & Veggie Kebobs |
I actually had a splendid extended birthday weekend. Drinks with some lovely ladies on Friday night, and then lots of time with my boys - an outing to Burke Lake Park, pool time, a BBQ, strawberry shortcake, a decorated house, party hats, and afternoon tea with John. I've never been overly stressed about birthdays because, until now, I guess I never felt old physically. I feel like I'm about 80% right now, and my oncologist says it often takes about a year to get back to feeling 100%. I guess I can live with 80 for awhile, but patience has never been my strongest virtue. According to American psychologist Walter Pitkin,
life begins at forty, so I guess that makes me a newborn. Okay, phoenix maybe.
 |
| Amphora's Strawberry Shortcake |
 |
| Burke Lake Park |
 |
| Afternoon Tea |
Today, my actual b-day, John took me out for lunch at The Oceanaire which is participating in restaurant week. Yum. When I got back to work I found my office all tricked out and a chocolate cake waiting. All orchestrated by John who is getting an A+ in party planning this week.
Ahhhh Michelle Happy Birthday soul sister! It IS just a number. Sending a big hug, Stacey
ReplyDeleteI love it Michelle! What a great idea the afternoon tea!
DeleteSee you very soon!
-Isa
That cake and that tea loooooook so good. Yum! Happy birthday. As you start to recover more and more, I'm sure you'll be reaching 40 and fabulous in no time!
ReplyDeleteCatherine
Looks like you had a great birthday.
ReplyDelete