Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sent it Packing

The time has come for the hair to go into hibernation. I started going "au naturel" about a week ago, and it feels so much better! I'm amazed at how many people didn't realize I was wearing a wig. I've had several people comment on my "new cut" - haha. It looked so obviously fake to me, but I guess to people I only see occasionally they just thought it was my regular do. Anyway, they are washed and brushed and ready to be stored. Hopefully I will never have occasion to wear them again, unless it's Halloween.


You may recall that I borrowed the blonde underhair from Jacki in Florida. I reached out to her via her blog and she kindly offered to lend it to me. Her post The Hair Hits the Road details its travels. If there's anyone out there wanting to borrow my wig during treatment, please get in touch. Happy to have my wig hit the road as well. Even if you have one, it's nice to have a second option, and they aren't cheap! Jacki, blondie will be making her way back home shortly!


5 comments:

  1. Yay for hair! I read that post about the travelling wig, but hadn't realized it was you who had received it. Congrats on your 'new cut' ;) It looks nice and thick from the photo. ~Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Catherine said - your hair looks super thick! Thicker than I ever remember it being, no? You look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time to say goodbye to chemo Michelle and Hello to new Michelle. You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the short, darker hair. Maybe you want to grow it a tiny bit and then keep it really short. Looks good and must be easier maintenance? A pixie cut suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Auntie Mich,
    I like your hair short like that. I looked at your pictures. I have a new backyard; do you want to play in it? I want to play with Garrett and Colin. I hope you're feeling better. I liked the picture of you with no hair at the beach.
    I am going to a gymnastics party today.
    Love Anna

    ReplyDelete