Monday, September 10, 2012
Surgery Setback
Well, I was supposed to have been in surgery this morning at 8am, but when I had my lab work done at treatment last week my white blood cell count was still too low. Normal range is between 4.2 and 10.2, and I am still in the 2's, and they don't want to risk the chance of infection. (This should be a fun cold and flu season with no immune system to speak of and two small children in two different daycare facilities)! Instead of rescheduling, my plastic surgeon just wants me to call him when I am back in the normal range and he will try to fit me in. Needless to say, I am a little bummed out by the setback. Not that I'm chafing at the bit to go under the knife again, but at this point I just want to get it over and done with. I only do labs every six weeks nowadays, so I'll let you know when the October 15th results are in. Boo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm sorry. Hopefully, your labs will improve soon.
ReplyDeleteMichelle, you amaze and inspire me. If you need strength, just look in the mirror- it is right there. I sent you some mail today. :) heart S.
ReplyDelete