Friday, February 22, 2013

Graduation

Apologies for my absence -- I don't know where the last two months went. I've had about a million appointments.. I saw my oncologist and breast surgeon for check-ups, and had another mammogram, echo-cardiogram, and genetic test. Everything looked good. My breast surgeon got my oncologist and plastic surgeon talking and they managed to work out a plan to get my expander out - finally! My WBC was low again (2.57) so my oncologist is going to give me Neupogen shots to temporarily boost my counts to a level where the plastic surgeon feels comfortable operating. I have a surgery date set for March 5th, and for seven days leading up to the surgery I will get a shot.

I also had my last treatment on February 19th!!! One year, people! I jokingly asked my chemo nurse if I would get a certificate for graduating and sure enough they all came over to wish me well and give me hugs AND a certificate - haha. I have nothing but good things to say about the chemo nurses at the Fairfax office of Virginia Cancer Specialists - the best!


2 comments:

  1. Now that's the best graduation certificate I may have ever seen. :) Look at all those happy messages. Those are some fabulous nurses, no doubt. ~Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww - that's awesome - and CONGRATS!!!! xoxo C

    ReplyDelete