Well, I finally did it. Bought the stupid wig this morning. I named it Lise, and it will stare down at me from atop her little stand on my dresser, each night before I go to bed. The sales lady was wonderful, but I felt like I was on an episode of "Say Yes to the Dress" and she was waiting for me to have this teary moment where I just
knew this was the one. In the end I chose one that is a little darker than my regular colour, although when we went outside it did seem a lot lighter. From what I've read, your new chemo hair often comes in a little darker, and often a different texture, or curly if you had previously straight hair - hello)! Maybe this darker colour wig will help ease the transition. I actually think it looks red in certain lights. The thing I need to get over is that
everyone who knows me will know it's a wig - duh. There's no getting around that. It will be a different colour, and my hair will be about twice as thick. But, if I met someone for the first time, I honestly don't think they would know it's a wig. Unless of course it blows off on a windy day, that would be troublesome.
And, when I arrived home from the wig store my underhair had arrived in the mail from Jacki, so now I also have an option for covering up my melon with a hat! Very happy. I think it will look splendid with a Winnipeg Jets cap.
After a quick nap, mom and I headed over to my friend Nicole's house who was hosting a little tea in my honour with a bunch of the neighbourhood ladies. It was super sweet. We sat around chatting, drinking tea, eating yummy snacks and just catching up with each other. Many of them hadn't seen me in person since my surgery so it was nice to visit with everyone again and just get out of the house and do something social.
 |
| Me & Mom |
|
|
|
|

You look great! The back looks so full of volume and I would never know it's a wig.
ReplyDeleteVery sweet gesture on the part of your neighbours; sounds like you've got quite a circle of support surrounding you.
P.S. Bernie hasn't changed a bit in, what, 20 years?
you look great (in all the photos) but esp those up top. it looks very natural !
ReplyDeleteLoving that wig colour on you!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pic with your mom, M. (She looks great, btw. Has not changed one bit since I saw her last.)
Hope you had a wonderful time with your friends. xx.
Wish I could've been there! Big hugs! xoxoxo
ReplyDeleteI probably would have named this post "Wig and Wine" if that were the case!
DeleteMicheline, that wig is AWESOME! With the lack of any body even in its remotests sense in our Nash baby fine hair, I almost daresay I want one myself! It looks super natural; not at all what I had envisioned. Rock that wig out sister!
ReplyDeleteIt's just so THICK! Really, don't they make wigs for people with fine hair? Other than that, I am dreading wind and heat...
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the body it has! You could go 70's glamorous and wear big sunglasses and a head scarf to tackle the wind; the heat may be a tougher problem though, you're right - just stick to the A/C when you can't wear the other one!
ReplyDeleteWish to be more confident as well as trendy without having changing ones original hair do, below your locks wigs will let you accomplish ones ambitions. Just try out one more suitable hair do to offer time to to be able to lure people’s eyes as well as indicate yourself once you enroll in functions or maybe employ a holiday. May be you'll probably be and so sexy, sweet, elegant or maybe neat once you wear your favorite wig in which beyond your imagination. Thus simply undertake it, you will get the result, We hope you can like another hair do.
ReplyDelete