Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Chemo - Round Two

Just a quick update.  Had my second infusion on Monday.  Pretty uneventful four and a half hours.  Felt fine yesterday and today.  If it goes the same as the first round I expect to be start feeling tired tomorrow so am working from home.  Thursday and Friday will likely be "vacation" days.  The chemo nurse told me there is a delay when it hits you because it takes a few days for the liver to process all the drugs and break them down.  I also apparently get an energy boost from the steroid I take the day before, of, and after treatment, which might explain my trouble getting to sleep the last two nights!  All quiet on the western front for now. 

4 comments:

  1. Hope you're hanging in there, M. Thinking about you today. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be good to yourself on your "vacation". One more down! ;)
    TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume you're at the feeling crap part by now- hang in there. If it's any consolation, I feel like Betty White could out do me most days.
    As for the wig, I really did think it looked good. However, if it's uncomfortable, I'd say ditch it and go with a scarf (or bare!). To hell with being professional. First, I am willing to bet you don't even own a pair of nylons so why worry about work fashion now? And, REALLY is anyone going to care? If they do, they are a giant jerk and you should benefit from living in the most litigious country on earth and sue for enough to stay home and air your newly shaved look in your air-conditioned house. End of argument.
    As for the bloating, you may recall my ridiculous weight-gain/bloating situation when pregnant with Anna. I couldn't fit into any of my shoes either and would suggest a nice pair of ballet flats. They are very comfortable, dressy enough to wear with a dress but also good for jeans, and will even stretch a bit if things get worse. My foot size went from a 5 to a 6.5 and these shoes were magic. Mine are a nice copper colour and go with most anything.
    I think I've covered all of your fashion needs.
    Colin is on to something. To hell with it all; go enjoy your kids.
    Two down and still looking good.
    J.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle,

    You are amazing!! You should write a book, you are good at writing!! I've read your whole blog tonight and I've cried as much as I've laugh!!
    I am top shape and I am tired just reading at everything you have to do on some days!!! You are amazing!!!
    Way to go, 2 treatments are behind now!
    You look fantastic with or without wig.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete