Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chemo - Round Three

So, I always feel like the weekend before my treatments I have to fit everything in just in case I'm too tired to get stuff done once the next round starts. We had a great, busy, long Easter weekend.  We took C to the circus, I attended a friend's baby shower, visited my lovely Canadian friend Trish and her family at a BBQ / egg hunt, did Easter morning with the boys, some yard work, and another delicious dinner and egg hunt at my neighbours' place.


Ringling Bros Circus


I also feel the need to gorge myself knowing that the next week and a half I will be able to taste nothing but metal. It really puts a kink in my grand plan of eating my way through chemo. Even water tastes disgusting. I had to eat lots of Easter candy to make myself feel better.


Treatment # 3 went well. Almost halfway there! I am awaiting my dip... so far just a little tired. On another positive note, I had a physiotherapy appointment following my infusion yesterday, and my therapist gave me my walking papers. I only have 24 visits for the year, so we decided to save a few just in case I need them after the expander comes out. My arm still gets tight, but I have pretty close to my full range of motion back as long as I do my exercises a few times a day (need to work on that). Here is the requisite "hanging in there" picture I know you've all come to love:


7 comments:

  1. You keep hanging in. And if that means having to eat a shitload of chocolate, so be it. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michelle ... Happy Belated Easter !! It sounds like you guys had lots of fun, and the boys get more adorable every day. Thinking about you this chemo week. You are smart to gorge yourself with favorite foods before chemo. Scott used to get that same metallic yuck taste in his mouth. Nothing tasted good !! Our thoughts and prayers are with you, John and the little rock stars. I'll check in with you so when the taste buds come back, dinner is on its way. I'm learning a lot with my Food Network addiction !!

    Diane and Scott

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I'll say it again. I like the wig.
    Sounds like a good long-weekend. We tried calling but nobody was home- now we know why. Funny Bea, Sue and both our families were at the circus last week too. It was a bit sketchy which made it very exiting as we weren't quite sure if the many animal mishaps might carry over into a tight-rope mishap or charging lion at some point (we were in the front row).
    Hope the dip is just a little one.
    Keep eating that chocolate. Even metalic tasting chocolate is better than no chocolate.
    J.
    Hurray for half done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, you are amazing. Keep on going...I don't think you could have a better attitude. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And, I particularly like this "hanging in there" photo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your doing wonderful! Thinking of you... Just keep pluging a long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Were you able to buy a monkey on a stick at the circus? Do they still have those?

    You're looking and sounding terrific, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete