Friday, February 3, 2012
My Network
The first thing you have to know about my neighbourhood in Vienna, is that it's a little like living in Mayfield from Leave it to Beaver, circa 1959. Before I was even released from the hospital my good friend Nicole had found a website called TakeThemAMeal which helps organize dinners for people who need a helping hand. I think we are currently being fed until April. And that's not including the food my work colleagues had already sent home with me to stock the freezer. The hilarious part is that my cooking is mediocre at best and everyone is bringing us these wonderful gourmet meals. I feel like I need to send a disclaimer out saying that really, BLTs are just fine. Here is a picture of my dining room table when I got home, and that doesn't even take into account the piles of cards, emails and phone calls I've been getting from my friends and family, here and in Canada. One thing I've realized is that everyone wants to help. It's difficult to know how I'm going to react to the treatment schedule and what help I might need, but it's good to know that I have a network in place, and that they're awesome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wish I was there!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete