Monday, February 20, 2012

Normal Weekend?

So the bandages are off the port now and you can have a sense of what it looks like.  It's about two inches below my collar bone.  Right now it's still clearly bruised, and I think the shininess is from the fancy sutures they have on there that will eventually dissolve on their own, but once the tenderness and lovely shade of yellow begin to fade, I don't think it will be that big of a deal.  (Don't worry, I won't be showing you the other side)!


Today was a holiday, but I couldn't resist the temptation to visit with my plastic surgeon and have another 60cc's of saline pumped in.  I actually snuck a peek at the needle today, and that thing is huge!  This time I was smart and pre-medicated, so it wasn't all that bad, but I find it gets worse as the day goes on.  If I didn't know what it was, I would think I was having a heart attack.  Your chest gets super tight, and then it starts to move down into my lower back and arm.  Valium is my best friend today.  My next one is the second day of chemo - that should be fun!

Other than that we steered clear of cancer related activities and tried to have a semi-normal long weekend.  I am still kind of obsessed with trying to get everything organized and in place before chemo.  We got the boys haircuts, I re-organized the baby's drawers so all the clothes in there actually fit, I want to buy a million diapers and wipes in bulk, and then I decided we all needed to go to the open gym at the Loudoun Sports Bounce so I could see if C would like to have his birthday party there in April.  (You can never book too early)!  I clearly am not going to be inviting a gaggle of four year olds over to my house, planning fun crafty activities and baking a fondant Batman themed cake this year, so it's definitely the low maintenance party route for us.  And really, it's what he wants anyway!  I may be popping anti-nausea meds and sporting a chic head scarf, but I will be doing it sitting on a bench while C runs around with his buddies and the staff does all the work...

Sports Bounce
Fresh Haircuts



4 comments:

  1. I love sourcing out birthday parties. Chemo or not, babe, good decision there ;). Big bonus that C would actually prefer it. (Your boys are lovely, btw.) xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your boys are gorgeous! I get weepy after the boys' haircuts. They always look so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,
    I just found your blog via another site and I wanted to reach out. My name is Stacey Wilson (Lancaster, PA). I am a Good Wishes Ambassador for the Good Wishes Program in North Bend, WA. Good Wishes provides a complimentary head wrap to any man, woman, or child experiencing hair loss due to injury, illness, or treatment. As an Ambassador, all of my efforts are volunteer. Check out the web site, let me know your favorite pattern, and I will request a wrap for you! www.goodwishesscarves.org

    Once you have your style picked out, e-mail me your home mailing address! Stacey Wilson: swilsongoodwishes@gmail.com

    With Love and Good Wishes,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nash - Have just finished the latest installments. I liked you as a ginger. But I like the new look too. And I admit to chuckling about your windy day comment.
    Hugs to you all.
    Rae

    ReplyDelete